MY FUTURE JOB


Dear students!

Here are the instructions for today's blog.

What kind of job would you like to have? How do you imagine it?
- Outdoors /indoors?
- Would you like to travel a lot in your job?
- What about the salary?
- What major are you studying?
- Add any other related ideas.

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post.
- Word Count: 210 words



                      Only the truth 
           and nothing but the truth






I started working here in 2016. I started with one course, level III. It was a really nice experience. At the same time I was working at Instituto la Araucana. I worked there for 5 years. I had a course of students that were studying International trade. I started with them in 2015, on the first semester. That means that we were together for a year and a half. To be honest, I had a really good time with them. We had classes from 18:30 until 22:00. Even though they were really tired, they were really interested in the class.
Talking about travelling, I would love to but I guess it isn't something common in my area.
The salary, well it is not bad but it is not good either. We have to work a lot after we finish our classes and those hours are not paid which is sad, but when you are a teacher you know that things work that way. 

I really love what I do, I love teaching and working with adults. I have worked with little kids too. They are adorable, but I prefer to teach adults. I know it is hard to think about a future job, I did not even know what I wanted to study. The options at that time were music teacher, chemist and pilot, yeah pilot!!
Well I took a year off. This was because my father told me, I am sorry but I am not going to pay for your studies if you are not sure about what you want to do.

 One of my sisters works as a flight attendance and as a birthday gift; she took me with her to New Zealand. There I met a guy, his name is Daniel. So it was kind of a summer love and when I came back I still had feelings for him. I went to see him during that year 4 times and we started dating. (This happened in 2003)
We talked about our future together so I thought, well why not to study something related with English. I love teaching and I love the Backstreet Boys so there you go, that’s why I am an English teacher now hahaha. I know it isn’t the best reason but now I cannot see myself doing something else.  While I was studying I always thought I would teach little kids but when I finished my studies I got a job offer for teaching adults. I liked the idea of trying something different so here I am.

Hope to continue working like this in the future, I really enjoy this.

I do what I love and I love what I do. :)







    The lucky guy :)

Some students that I have had during these years  













Comentarios

  1. I also gave myself a year off, I think it's the best decision if you really don't know what to study.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. teaching children it most been really hard! i would prefer adults too

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think that you need to have patience to being a teacher, specially when you are going to work with children

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that is the best reason for study english !

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I think that for work how teacher you need good patience.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. is a so interesting history about your life :D

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Wow, is a really comfortable schedule :o

    ResponderEliminar
  8. The children are very funny jajajaj

    ResponderEliminar
  9. it must be nice to have created ties with so many people in a job

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares