Postgraduate studies

Postgraduate studies


Dear students,

Today the topic is postgraduate studies, please include the following info

Cheers! 馃構


Include:

- Reasons to do the course
- Subject(s) you would like to study
- Where you would like to study (Chile or abroad)
- How you would like to study (distance learning, blended system, part-time course, etc)
- Any other relevant ideas

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post.
220 words


To be honest when I was studying to become an English teacher, I never thought about taking a postgraduate course. I just wanted to finish and start working as soon as possible! As I told you on my previous blog, I thought I would teach little kids. But since I work with adults now, it is a must to have a postgraduate degree. So that is why I enrolled to a Master program  4 years ago.
I studied a Master in Education, major in English as a foreign language at Universidad Central.  It is a two years program.  It was really hard though, I had a class which was English v/s Spanish phonetics. And Spanish is more difficult, believe me! So we are lucky that it is our mother tongue. Also I am working on my thesis, which takes a lot of time. The hardest part is to find info in order to write the second chapter, here you are expected to include info related to your topic. You can use books, papers, videos, inteviews, magazines and so on. The problem is that believe it or not it is not as easy as you think to find this information. So that is why it takes so much time.
My recomendation is to study after having the chance of working on your field, gain some work experience. You will take a lot more of advantage of the postgraduate study since you will be able to ask a lot of things to your teachers! Hahaha hope they did not hate me because of that.

A couple of years ago I applied to a Master in Education at the University of Auckland. I got in but of course in order to study there, I needed a scholarship. Every time that I have tried to apply, I forget about a document. Maybe I will try next year again.
I have looked for one year courses that are related to methodology, phonetics, grammar and didactics here in Santiago. I still do not know if I will start studying again next year, but I really hope so.

Comentarios

  1. there is still a lot but i am afraid of the thesis

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's very difficult to think about doing a postgraduate at the beginning of a career but on the way one begins to take tastes for some areas, regards :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. it must be really hard to study a postgrade and the thesis is terrifying

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It isn't easy be a postgraduate student

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I don't want to think about to do my thesis, its scares me!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. wow very complicated the thesis, its terrible :o

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think that a study of postgraduate is difficult.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I don't know if I really want do a doctorate:(

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I would like to study a postgraduate.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I thought that English is more difficult that Spanish!! :o

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares