CHANGES THAT COULD BE MADE TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME





Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme (career).

Among others, think about:

- The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
- Workload and length of studies
- Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
- Use of technology
- Teaching methods.
- Word count: 250


Make comments on 3 of your classmates' post + a comment on your teacher's post.



Wow! This is such a hard topic for me since as you know I studied at 3 different universities.
So, I do have a lot to say but I will try to keep it short.

Universidad Andres Bello, I remember that I had some courses that to be honest I did not know what the purpose of having them was. Don't get me wrong but is it really necessary to have one semester poetry, another one drama, then fiction? I mean as English teachers I think it is interesting to learn about these things but what about having them all together, just one class about these topics.
Well that's how it was at my second university Universidad Mayor. 

Now one thing I liked about Andres Bello was that when I had phonetics we used to go to English lab and practice pronunciation. It was just me, my headphones and my computer. I used to enjoy this a lot because I was able to check my progress. So maybe to have more classes doing these lab activities would have been great.

Now talking about Universidad Central (3rd University) About the program I really liked it but there was a teacher that I did not like her teaching methods. 
Well actually there were 2.
I don't remember the course's name but she taught us about how to teach little kids. She asked us to give oral presentations where we had to pretend that our classmates were students but not any kind of students, they were little ones. So imagine how hard it was for us to pretend that someone that is 30 something or even 50 something was like 5 years old. Also when my classmates were presenting I had to pretend that I was like 6 or 10 years old. So in my opinion it was not the best way to teach things. If I had the chance to teach this in the future I would ask my students to talk about how would they explain things to little kids, what problems may we have when teaching and how can we solve them. I had good grades but since I did not know how to really work with little kids I had to look for some extra info and just manage by myself how to do things. 

Now the other class, English. I did not have to take it the first year because I got a really good result when I took the test but the 3rd semester was mandatory. The teacher was really nice and good but did not like her teaching methods. 
I think that she did not really take advantage of us, having English teachers and translators as students there are sooo many things that you can do! And we just got the old fashion grammar method. It was sooo sad for me! I could not believe it, I really wanted to have the chance to talk and do other things than just filling blanks, book exercises or looking for definitions. 

Well about my subjects I used to have a lot, and many hours. But I think that's part of every study program. Talking about the buildings I think they were ok, the classrooms were nice and what I loved about Andres Bello is that it had a lot of green areas, which unfortunately it was not the same at Universidad Mayor and Universidad Central.


Comentarios

  1. I think is not that important have poetry, drama and fiction for study english teaching. Maybe, would be best dedicated to other abilities or subjects

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I consider that have a class about poetry would be really interesting but not a semester!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. it is me teacher, I don't know why not appear my name in the comment sjjsj

      Eliminar
  3. when i went to school in the subject of english, we had English laboratory for practice ours pronunciation, I should have taken more advantage of that opportunity.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. So many times I dont know why we pass some topics jaja but I think in the future I will understand it

    ResponderEliminar
  5. It's very hard think a situation when you live that situation in the real world, especcially in a presentation

    ResponderEliminar
  6. What a strange teaching method, pretending to be of a different age and behaving like a child

    ResponderEliminar
  7. There really are matters that are not necessary, such as electromagnetism: c

    ResponderEliminar
  8. It would have been very entertaining to do an English lab and practice pronunciation

    ResponderEliminar
  9. WOW i think that study in many universities gave you a lot of perspective and you could compare them :)

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Usually there are subject that not is necessary for the career.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I studied in UTEM and comparing it with our faculty, i like more our faculty, in UTEM students don't have any green area, so that's something I like of our faculty :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares